7. Toride, K., Y. Sawada, K. Aida, T. Koike (2019), Toward High-Resolution Soil Moisture Monitoring by Combining Active-Passive Microwave and Optical Vegetation Remote Sensing Products with Land Surface Model, Sensors, 19, 3924, doi: 10.3390/s19183924 new!
6. Toride, K., Y. Iseri, M. D. Warner, C. D. Frans, A. M. Duren, J. F. England, M. L. Kavvas (2019), Model-based Probable Maximum Precipitation estimation: How to estimate the worst-case scenario induced by atmospheric rivers?, Journal of Hydrometeorology, doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-19-0039.1 new!
5. Toride, K., Y. Iseri, A. M. Duren, J. F. England, M. L. Kavvas (2019), Evaluation of physical parameterizations for atmospheric river induced precipitation and application to long-term reconstruction based on three reanalysis datasets in Western Oregon, Science of the Total Environment, 658, 570-581, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.12.214 new!
4. Toride, K., D. L. Cawthorne, K. Ishida, M. L. Kavvas, M. L. Anderson (2018), Long-term trend analysis on total and extreme precipitation over Shasta Dam watershed, Science of the Total Environment, 626, 244-254, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.01.004
3. Sawada, Y., T. Koike, K. Aida, K. Toride, J. P. Walker (2017), Fusing Microwave and Optical Satellite Observations to Simultaneously Retrieve Surface Soil Moisture, Vegetation Water Content, and Surface Soil Roughness, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 1-12, doi: 10.1109/TGRS.2017.2722468
2. Toride, K., P. Neluwala, H. Kim, K. Yoshimura (2017), Feasibility Study of the Reconstruction of Historical weather with Data Assimilation, Monthly Weather Review, 145(9), 3563-3580, doi: 10.1175/MWR-D-16-0288.1
1. Kennedy, A. B., N. Mori, Y. Zhang, T. Yasuda, S. Chen, Y. Tajima, W. Pecor, K. Toride (2016), Observations and Modeling of Coastal Boulder Transport during Super Typhoon Haiyan, Coastal Engineering Journal, 58(01), 1640004, doi:10.1142/S0578563416400040
Manuscripts in preparation
13. Toride, K., Y. Iseri, M. L. Kavvas (2018), Atmospheric river induced extreme precipitation: Development and evaluation of an algorithm to estimate realistic Probable Maximum Precipitation, The International Conference on Asian and Pacific Coasts (APAC), Hanoi, Vietnam, 25-28 September 2019
12. Toride, K., Model-based Probable Maximum Precipitation Estimation: How to Maximize an Atmospheric River?, Global Hydrology Semiar, University of Tokyo, Japan, 3 December 2018 (Invited speaker)
11. Toride, K., Y. Iseri, M. L. Kavvas, A. M. Duren, J. F. England, Evaluation of dynamically downscaled historical precipitation in Western Oregon based on three reanalysis datasets, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2018, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 3-7 June 2018 (Oral)
10. Toride, K., M. L. Kavvas, Coupling of Noah-MP and upscaled unsaturated flow model to account for spatial heterogeneity in various scales, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, 12-15 December 2017 (Poster)
9. Neluwala, P., K. Yoshimura, K. Toride, J. Hirano, M. Ichino, A. Okazaki, Reconstruction of Historical Weather by Assimilating Old Weather Diary Data, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, 12-15 December 2017 (Poster)
8. Toride, K., K. Ishida, M. L. Kavvas, M. L. Anderson, Maximum Precipitation Estimation over Shasta Dam Watershed by Means of Atmospheric Boundary Condition Shifting Method, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2017, Sacramento, California, May 2017 (Oral), doi:10.1061/9780784480618.033
7. Toride, K., D. L. Cawthorne, K. Ishida, A. J. Diaz, M. L. Kavvas, M. L. Anderson, Climate Change Trend Analysis on Extreme Precipitation over the Shasta Dam Watershed Based on 159-Year Long-Term Dynamic Downscaling, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2017, Sacramento, California, May 2017 (Oral), doi:10.1061/9780784480618.043
6. Neluwala, P., K. Toride, K. Yoshimura, Assimilation Experiment of Weather Diary Data Using an LETKF System, the 3rd RIKEN International Symposium on Data Assimilation, Kobe, February 2017
5. Yoshimura, K., K. Toride, Observational impact assessment via data assimilation of cloud cover (in Japanese), The Meteorological Society of Japan 2015 Autumn Meeting, Kyoto, Japan, October 2015
4. Yoshimura, K., K. Toride, Feasibility of data assimilation using documented weather record for reconstruction of historical climate, PAGES Asia2K meeting, Kyoto, Japan, March 2015
3. Toride, K., T. Koike, Development of an Algorithm for Soil Moisture with High Spatial- and Temporal- Resolution, Catchment Hydrological Modeling and Data Assimilation (CAHMDA VI) and Hydrologic Ensemble Prediction Experiment (HEPEX-DAFOH III) Joint workshop, Austin, Texas, September 2014 (Oral)
2. Toride, K., K. Yoshimura, Toward Reconstruction of Historical Weather with Data assimilation: Idealized Experiments to investigate the feasibility, The Association of Japanese Geographers, Toyama, Japan, September 2014 (Oral)
1. Toride, K., K. Yoshimura, Toward Reconstruction of Historical Weather with Data assimilation: Present Day Experiments using Reanalysis Data, 13th International Regional Spectral Model Workshop, Yokohama, Japan, November 2014 (Oral)